The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 13-08-2015, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Herpes Transmission Rate

might help if you already know what u are doing to do in the worst case scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringLife88 View Post
I do have a job but aim rather losing focus in it.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 13-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2754 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am seeing a DR from DrTan and Partners. He told me Day 28 is rather conclusive for Herpes as well...
Not according to this article. Show it to the good doctor and see what he says.

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...ts-for-herpes/

1) There is only one reliable and commercially available type of blood test for herpes antibodies called a Type Specific IgG. This test can reliably distinguish between herpes 1 and herpes 2 antibodies. There are labs that will run tests that are not type specific, but these are essentially useless. It is unfortunately not illegal to offer a useless test and some providers just don’t know the difference and may just tick off the first box for “herpes” that they see. The University of Washington (the mecca of herpes research) also offers a Western Blot test for herpes antibodies. This is the gold standard, but only performed at the University of Washington. The American Social Health Association has a great guide to the brand names of the reliable tests. If it’s not one of these tests, don’t get it. You may have to ask your health provider to check, because they might not know.

2) Blood tests take 3-6 months to turn positive after exposure because it takes 3-6 months for your body to make IgG antibodies in response to an infection.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 13-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 36 / Power: 0
BoringLife88 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
Not according to this article. Show it to the good doctor and see what he says.

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...ts-for-herpes/

1) There is only one reliable and commercially available type of blood test for herpes antibodies called a Type Specific IgG. This test can reliably distinguish between herpes 1 and herpes 2 antibodies. There are labs that will run tests that are not type specific, but these are essentially useless. It is unfortunately not illegal to offer a useless test and some providers just don’t know the difference and may just tick off the first box for “herpes” that they see. The University of Washington (the mecca of herpes research) also offers a Western Blot test for herpes antibodies. This is the gold standard, but only performed at the University of Washington. The American Social Health Association has a great guide to the brand names of the reliable tests. If it’s not one of these tests, don’t get it. You may have to ask your health provider to check, because they might not know.

2) Blood tests take 3-6 months to turn positive after exposure because it takes 3-6 months for your body to make IgG antibodies in response to an infection.
I hope Dr Tan himself can clarify on this? I have seen numerous HIV approved clinic in Singapore and on their website, I called the clinic up and all claims that one month is a good enough indicator but your article provide information that is otherwise. So it's really confusing.
Old 13-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope Dr Tan himself can clarify on this? I have seen numerous HIV approved clinic in Singapore and on their website, I called the clinic up and all claims that one month is a good enough indicator but your article provide information that is otherwise. So it's really confusing.
Are the clinics referring to HIV or HSV?
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 13-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Samster

Quote:
HIV Clinics do provide HSV test as well isn't it? Its part of their STD screening package. I have not found any clinics like this in Singapore stating that test can only be taken at 3 months. The latest I saw was 1 month. You get what I am referring?
Old 13-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Samster

Quote:
I also believe read up about PCR Herpes test. Any idea on that?
Old 13-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
I also believe read up about PCR Herpes test. Any idea on that?
Yes that is exactly what the IgG test does.

However none of the literature that I have come across states that a 28 day window is sufficient.

http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stds...erpes-testing/

The accurate herpes blood tests detect IgG antibodies. Unlike IgM, IgG antibodies can be accurately broken down to either HSV-1 or HSV-2. A recent study corroborates this finding: labs that used non-gG-based tests for herpes had high false-positive rates for HSV-2 antibodies (14-88% saying the blood sample was positive for HSV-2) in samples that were actually only positive for HSV-1 antibodies. But 100% of the labs using gG-based tests accurately reported that the blood sample was negative for HSV-2.

The challenge here is that the time it takes for IgG antibodies to reach detectable levels can vary from person to person. For one person, it could take just a few weeks, while it could take a few months for another. So even with the accurate tests, a person could receive a false negative if the test is taken too soon after contracting the virus. For the most accurate test result, it is recommended to wait 12 – 16 weeks from the last possible date of exposure before getting an accurate, type-specific blood test in order to allow enough time for antibodies to reach detectable levels.

Old 13-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Samster

Quote:
Yes that is exactly what the IgG test does.

However none of the literature that I have come across states that a 28 day window is sufficient.

http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stds...erpes-testing/

The accurate herpes blood tests detect IgG antibodies. Unlike IgM, IgG antibodies can be accurately broken down to either HSV-1 or HSV-2. A recent study corroborates this finding: labs that used non-gG-based tests for herpes had high false-positive rates for HSV-2 antibodies (14-88% saying the blood sample was positive for HSV-2) in samples that were actually only positive for HSV-1 antibodies. But 100% of the labs using gG-based tests accurately reported that the blood sample was negative for HSV-2.

The challenge here is that the time it takes for IgG antibodies to reach detectable levels can vary from person to person. For one person, it could take just a few weeks, while it could take a few months for another. So even with the accurate tests, a person could receive a false negative if the test is taken too soon after contracting the virus. For the most accurate test result, it is recommended to wait 12 – 16 weeks from the last possible date of exposure before getting an accurate, type-specific blood test in order to allow enough time for antibodies to reach detectable levels.
Ok. I get what you mean. Let's say for this instance. I know what's the index value of my Type 2 HSV from 3 weeks ago and if I were to take in 4 weeks later. Will the index value for my Type 2 HSV be different? Like a huge increment is that an indication?
Old 13-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Ok. I get what you mean. Let's say for this instance. I know what's the index value of my Type 2 HSV from 3 weeks ago and if I were to take in 4 weeks later. Will the index value for my Type 2 HSV be different? Like a huge increment is that an indication?
No idea. I guess it varies from person to person. You have to ask someone who is very familiar with the parameters and how they vary with time and exactly how repeatable the tests are in the first place.

Old 13-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Samster

Quote:
No idea. I guess it varies from person to person. You have to ask someone who is very familiar with the parameters and how they vary with time and exactly how repeatable the tests are in the first place.
Geez if its really true that I have to wait 3 - 6 months. I bet the anxiety will kill me by then... I am truly stressed out and depressed enough. I wonder why will the doctor tell me that 1 month is a good enough indication. As a matter of fact, two doctors told me that.
Old 13-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Geez if its really true that I have to wait 3 - 6 months. I bet the anxiety will kill me by then... I am truly stressed out and depressed enough. I wonder why will the doctor tell me that 1 month is a good enough indication. As a matter of fact, two doctors told me that.
If you're going to die from anxiety I guess the results of all your tests don't really matter then.

Old 13-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Samster

Quote:
Also look at this https://www.stdtestexpress.com/herpe...okie_test=True.

Another misleading information?
Old 13-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Also look at this https://www.stdtestexpress.com/herpe...okie_test=True.

Another misleading information?
Pretty much confirms what the rest of the articles are saying... that it varies from person to person.

You have to realise that any test procedure has a degree of uncertainty. We are always talking probabilities. What the articles are all saying is that the longer you wait, the less the chance of a false negative.

In life, nothing is 100%.

I'm not a doctor but my diagnosis is that your mental issues are far more serious than whatever you're infected with. You need to seek help from a psychiatrist.

Old 13-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Samster

Quote:
Pretty much confirms what the rest of the articles are saying... that it varies from person to person.

You have to realise that any test procedure has a degree of uncertainty. We are always talking probabilities. What the articles are all saying is that the longer you wait, the less the chance of a false negative.

In life, nothing is 100%.

I'm not a doctor but my diagnosis is that your mental issues are far more serious than whatever you're infected with. You need to seek help from a psychiatrist.
That's true but the bill gona be a bomb for me as well. I am taking anxiety pills. It doesn't help.
Old 13-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
That's true but the bill gona be a bomb for me as well. I am taking anxiety pills. It doesn't help.
My first girlfriend had HSV1. In the old days it was simply referred to as "cold sores". She'd get outbreaks every few months.

We had absolutely no idea it was contagious. It was attributed to "heatyness" in those good old days of blissful ignorance and she kissed me passionately and sucked me dry on numerous occasions while she was having an outbreak

I've never had any symptoms of Herpes anywhere. In all my subsequent relationships, none of my sexual partners appeared to have caught anything from me. If they did they didn't display any symptoms either.

I've never bothered to get tested. Would I be positive? I really don't know but I should be considering the number of sexual encounters I've had over the years. If I did get tested and it showed I was positive, it would make no difference to my life.

Herpes is so common it's a non issue.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1