The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 14-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_lite View Post
Bro i suggest you can try getting a uob thai account.. If not wrong can link it to singapore uob.. withdraw money also no need pay asmuch fee, if not wrong only need to pay sgp side only
Different entity... no link...
Old 14-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Samster

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post

Yes, SCB has the purple signs! No, you can't open a savings account with only apartment lease agreement, my friend tried and he was rejected. You need to own a property or has work permit.
5 years ago, I went to the headquarter of Bangkok Bank in Silom, told them I need a saving acct and they requested a perm address in Thailand only. I passed the money for deposit and few mins later, I was given a debit card with ATM features and a saving book. Didn't know it is so troublesome now.

Quote:

Also, I need to learn Thai! I have lots of time so which school is the best place to learn Thai?
My Thai was from long hair personally tutor.
Old 14-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Living in Bangkok!

Naemlo,

Me too, about 2008, I opened a savings account with Siam Commercial Bank and I used my friend's address. Currently, you need a work permit or owned a property in Thailand!

I have Zen MP3 player with 12 Thai Language CDs, so that's how I'm going to start learning Thais for several months! By July, I will be attending one of the language schools in Bangkok.

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 14-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 35 / Power: 0
khunsanook deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Haven't made a post for quite a while. Happy Lunar New Year and congratulations to Bro Norice.

I have a few Thai bank accounts but my first one, in 2007, was made using company employment contract. I didn't had the work permit yet at that time. I showed it to the officer and she went off talking to 1 or 2 of her colleagues before she oked my application.

Makes me wonder if you can ask some friends for favor and type a employment offer contract, using their company letterhead and convince the bank you are getting your work permit soon. But once you opened the account, they never bother to check anyway.
Old 15-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Living in Bangkok!

Khunsanook,

Once again you're correct, once you open an account, the bank's management will not bother you! The problem is to be in compliance with their policies of opening an initial account. I guess the problem lies with money laundering and terrorism. I don't know, that's my guess!

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 16-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 781 / Power: 15
Ninja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Khunsanook,

Once again you're correct, once you open an account, the bank's management will not bother you! The problem is to be in compliance with their policies of opening an initial account. I guess the problem lies with money laundering and terrorism. I don't know, that's my guess!
So troublesome to open bank account now. Things were so much simpler about 20 years ago. I had an account with Bangkok Bank in McCallum street then. When I asked the manager about opening account in Thailand, he gave me an intro letter and when I was in Hatyai I handed over the letter and my money to the bank. Fifteen minutes later I left the bank with my new account, atm card and bankbook.
Old 16-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -959 / Power: 0
Dr. Dre Dr. Dre Dr. Dre Dr. Dre Dr. Dre Dr. Dre Dr. Dre Dr. Dre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Assassin View Post
So troublesome to open bank account now. Things were so much simpler about 20 years ago. I had an account with Bangkok Bank in McCallum street then. When I asked the manager about opening account in Thailand, he gave me an intro letter and when I was in Hatyai I handed over the letter and my money to the bank. Fifteen minutes later I left the bank with my new account, atm card and bankbook.
hello brudder you damn talk cock lah!

i can still understand if you say 2 years ago Thai bank policies are like this or like that.

your comparison to 20 years ago is a little too far fetched man! 20 years ago MediaCorp is still known as SBC leh!

Old 16-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -324 / Power: 0
dunworri dunworri dunworri dunworri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Assassin View Post
bro Ninja Assassin,you had atm card and bank account 20 yrs ago...
you should know where's KHON KAEN

http://sammyboyforum.info/interna...ml#post4406719
Old 16-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 781 / Power: 15
Ninja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunworri View Post
bro Ninja Assassin,you had atm card and bank account 20 yrs ago...
you should know where's KHON KAEN

http://sammyboyforum.info/interna...ml#post4406719
Me only cheong Hatyai back then. Not interested in other parts of LOS
Old 17-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 43 / Power: 0
motoji deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Khon Kaen is 2 hrs drive after korat toWards Udon Thani direction.
Old 17-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 783 / Power: 17
kingking28 is a splendid one to beholdkingking28 is a splendid one to beholdkingking28 is a splendid one to beholdkingking28 is a splendid one to beholdkingking28 is a splendid one to beholdkingking28 is a splendid one to beholdkingking28 is a splendid one to behold

went to SCB to open a saving accounts...
the manager ask me for work permit...
told him i dun have 1 and say i wan bank in abt 1 million baht ...
got approve immediately... and i applied for a debit card too..
( not trying to boast, but tat is reali wat i did... )
Old 17-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 590 / Power: 16
indianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoji View Post
Khon Kaen is 2 hrs drive after korat toWards Udon Thani direction.
Wheres Korat?

How to Get Rid of Irritating Spam Posts?
Go to USER CP --> Choose SETTINGS & OPTIONS --> Edit Ignore List key in nicks of irritating spammers followed by "Okay"
Old 17-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1047 / Power: 21
etct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmagicoil View Post
Wheres Korat?
where's udong thani?????
Old 17-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Tookie deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmagicoil View Post
Wheres Korat?

Korat is about 2+ hrs drive from BKK
Old 17-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 192 / Power: 18
muddymudpie is a Helpful and Caring Samstermuddymudpie is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Happy Lunar new year to all bros here..

Am not as familiar with Bkk as I am with Chiang Mai, but I presume the bank policies would apply throughout all Thailand.

I opened my bank account middle last year, at K bank, or Kasikorn bank (without a work permit). The only document needed was my passport. Was told thereafter by a local friend that only K bank offers this for foreigners without a resident permit (Note: I haven't authenticated this claim).

For me currently transfering funds has alway been easy through my citi account in Sgp, footing only the currency exchange fees. Am still on the lookout for cheaper alternatives.. cheers!
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1