The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 381 / Power: 19
mike2006 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettermike2006 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettermike2006 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettermike2006 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Finally glory days are ahead, Treble in sight! Hope next time i visit old traford museum got a new set or treble trophies to take photos.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 20
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster

SIR ALEX READY FOR THE CHALLENGE

Sir Alex Ferguson has rejected Jose Mourinho’s comments that the race for the title had swung in favour of the London club.

The Reds now sit six points clear of their nearest rivals after a 2-1 win at Middlesbrough.

"Jose can make his comments and predictions," Ferguson told MUTV. "Why should I worry about what he is saying? We have all the answers, we are doing it on the pitch. All I know is our form has been terrific and we were a better team than Chelsea last week."

Although Ferguson's squad could be regarded as weaker compared with the riches Mourinho has at his disposal, the Scot has started to address the problem by announcing the arrival of Henrik Larsson on a short-term loan from January 1.

Ferguson is confident his team will still be top when the Swede arrives.

"I hear all this nonsense about who is going to be top.On January 1, we will all know where we stand in terms of winning the league. The spirit in the place is fantastic. We are playing great football and we are defending better than we have in my entire time at this club.

"We will still be at the top when Henrik comes , don't worry about that."
Old 04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Samster

Off-balance Cristiano Ronaldo committed no crime
By Alan Hansen

Amid the furore that surrounded Manchester United's penalty at the Riverside Stadium, my sympathies were with Cristiano Ronaldo.

From the moment he pushed the ball past Mark Schwarzer he was in a position of total threat. True, Ronaldo was looking for the Middlesbrough keeper to hit him, and he would not have been the first centre forward in the last 30 years to have done that. There is a thin dividing line between looking for someone to hit you and diving but although Schwarzer was starting to take his hand away, Ronaldo was already off balance because of the goalkeeper's approach. Under the laws that a centre forward lives by, he was guilty of no crime. The only hope Schwarzer had was that the referee or his assistant would have spotted the absence of any contact.

There does not have to be contact for a penalty to be given. On the opening day of the season at Bramall Lane, Sheffield United defender Chris Morgan went to tackle Steven Gerrard and as the Liverpool captain acted instinctively to get out of the way of a late challenge, he fell to the floor. Was there contact? No. Was it a penalty? Yes.

As a penalty the incident at the Riverside was a far more reasonable award than the one Graham Poll gave Arsenal after Pascal Chimbonda's challenge in the north London derby. From where he was, Poll could not possibly have seen if contact was made.

There is no doubt that a referee's task has been made considerably more difficult since the first wave of foreign players began arriving in the Premiership. When I began playing in the European Cup in my first season at Liverpool in 1977, I was told to never go near a centre forward inside the box.

But if you had to nominate a moment when diving began to get seriously out of control, it would be the 1994 World Cup, and with the rewards for success and the penalties for failure growing steadily in the Premiership, it has become almost accepted as a legitimate way to win.

No manager is going to complain if his side win a penalty with a dive. They will intervene if he gets a reputation for going down too easily, as Andy Johnson has done at Everton. Then, they are likely to take the player to one side and say they are not getting penalties simply because he is looked on, whether unfairly on not, as a diver.

Managers will intervene for the good of their club or the good of the individual. This is 2006. Football managers stopped thinking about the good of the game some time around 1956. I would love to see that kind of attitude come back into football but I am a realist. It would be touching to think that the players and the managers would take responsibility and stamp it out from within the dressing room. But I am laughing almost as I think about it. They will cling on to the familiar view that these things even themselves out over the course of a season.

When Arsene Wenger was likening the Premiership's refusal to sanction video replays as continuing to light a football stadium with torches, he was pursuing a familiar argument but one I cannot accept. You can see a replay nine or 10 times and still not be convinced whether it is a foul or not – and you would have the same quandary if you insisted that diving was punishable by a red card.

How long are you going to stop a match and how will it affect a product which has just signed a foreign rights television deal for £500 million largely because the speed of the game makes it so distinctive from any other European league?

It was not just the win on Teesside that would have buoyed Manchester United. Henrik Larsson is not going to win the championship for Sir Alex Ferguson – he is available for only seven Premiership matches – but he can certainly be a big help to them.

He may be 35 but Larsson is supremely fit and he will always be a natural predator who, as we have seen for Barcelona in the European Cup final, is adept at coming off the bench and changing games.

Manchester United may not be able to match the quality and depth of Chelsea's squad but they are now six points ahead and the signing of Larsson, if only for three months, will step up the pressure by another notch.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Samster

Off-balance striker committed no crime
By Alan Hansen

Amid the furore that surrounded Manchester United's penalty at the Riverside Stadium, my sympathies were with Cristiano Ronaldo.

From the moment he pushed the ball past Mark Schwarzer he was in a position of total threat. True, Ronaldo was looking for the Middlesbrough keeper to hit him, and he would not have been the first centre forward in the last 30 years to have done that. There is a thin dividing line between looking for someone to hit you and diving but although Schwarzer was starting to take his hand away, Ronaldo was already off balance because of the goalkeeper's approach. Under the laws that a centre forward lives by, he was guilty of no crime. The only hope Schwarzer had was that the referee or his assistant would have spotted the absence of any contact.

There does not have to be contact for a penalty to be given. On the opening day of the season at Bramall Lane, Sheffield United defender Chris Morgan went to tackle Steven Gerrard and as the Liverpool captain acted instinctively to get out of the way of a late challenge, he fell to the floor. Was there contact? No. Was it a penalty? Yes.

As a penalty the incident at the Riverside was a far more reasonable award than the one Graham Poll gave Arsenal after Pascal Chimbonda's challenge in the north London derby. From where he was, Poll could not possibly have seen if contact was made.

There is no doubt that a referee's task has been made considerably more difficult since the first wave of foreign players began arriving in the Premiership. When I began playing in the European Cup in my first season at Liverpool in 1977, I was told to never go near a centre forward inside the box.

But if you had to nominate a moment when diving began to get seriously out of control, it would be the 1994 World Cup, and with the rewards for success and the penalties for failure growing steadily in the Premiership, it has become almost accepted as a legitimate way to win.

No manager is going to complain if his side win a penalty with a dive. They will intervene if he gets a reputation for going down too easily, as Andy Johnson has done at Everton. Then, they are likely to take the player to one side and say they are not getting penalties simply because he is looked on, whether unfairly on not, as a diver.

Managers will intervene for the good of their club or the good of the individual. This is 2006. Football managers stopped thinking about the good of the game some time around 1956. I would love to see that kind of attitude come back into football but I am a realist. It would be touching to think that the players and the managers would take responsibility and stamp it out from within the dressing room. But I am laughing almost as I think about it. They will cling on to the familiar view that these things even themselves out over the course of a season.

When Arsene Wenger was likening the Premiership's refusal to sanction video replays as continuing to light a football stadium with torches, he was pursuing a familiar argument but one I cannot accept. You can see a replay nine or 10 times and still not be convinced whether it is a foul or not – and you would have the same quandary if you insisted that diving was punishable by a red card.

How long are you going to stop a match and how will it affect a product which has just signed a foreign rights television deal for £500 million largely because the speed of the game makes it so distinctive from any other European league?

It was not just the win on Teesside that would have buoyed Manchester United. Henrik Larsson is not going to win the championship for Sir Alex Ferguson – he is available for only seven Premiership matches – but he can certainly be a big help to them.

He may be 35 but Larsson is supremely fit and he will always be a natural predator who, as we have seen for Barcelona in the European Cup final, is adept at coming off the bench and changing games.

Manchester United may not be able to match the quality and depth of Chelsea's squad but they are now six points ahead and the signing of Larsson, if only for three months, will step up the pressure by another notch.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Samster

United destiny comes down to Old Trafford finale
By Justin Palmer

LONDON, Dec 5 (Reuters) - After a blazing start Manchester United find themselves trying to crawl across the finish line and secure a place in the last 16 of the Champions League at the expense of Benfica on Wednesday.
Three successive wins, including a 1-0 victory over Benfica in Lisbon in September, had looked set to secure United a comfortable passage through to the knockout stage.

But 1-0 away defeats to FC Copenhagen and Celtic, games in which the English side dominated but failed to break through, have left the 1999 winners needing to avoid defeat at Old Trafford to qualify from Group F.
Benfica eliminated United at the group stage last season and manager Alex Ferguson is wary of the Portuguese side's threat.

"It won't be an easy game but with our form and as long as we remember to finish teams off will we be OK," Ferguson told the club's Web site. "That's going to be an issue, when we get chances we've got to take them in this one.

"This is a game you can't trifle with," he added. "It's too important for us. If we get chances we have to take them, but I think we've got a chance."
United have failed to score in nine of their last 14 Champions League matches. But their fine Old Trafford record of only one defeat in their last 29 European home games, points to United securing at least the point they need.
Ferguson was in Lisbon on Friday and watched Benfica's 2-0 win over local rivals Sporting, secured with goals from defender Ricardo Rocha and midfielder Simao Sabrosa.

RICH HISTORY

The match marked the return from injury of Brazilian defender Luisao who had been sidelined for three weeks.

"It can be considered a real final, a game of all or nothing," coach Francisco
Santos said of the Old Trafford showdown.

"We will face a great team but I believe we can win. With a little luck, which is also necessary in soccer, we will be able to score and move ahead."

Benfica, who have seven points and need to win to remain in the competition, are no strangers to winning on English soil having stunned then holders Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield last season to reach the quarter-finals with a 3-0 aggregate success.

United only have to look back to 2004 for another reminder of the capabilities of Portuguese sides on their travels.

Trailing 2-1 from the first leg in Porto, a Paul Scholes goal looked set to send United through to the quarter-finals on away goals before Costinha's equaliser in the final minute put the Portuguese side through instead.
Still, a glance a little further back in history should give United cause for optimism.

Benfica have a special place in United's story for two of their most famous matches played in the 1960s -- United's stunning 5-1 European Cup quarter-final win in Lisbon in 1966 when George Best scored twice and their famous 4-1 victory in the 1968 final when they won the trophy for the first time.
If they are inspired by those epic old victories, United will go through.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 31 / Power: 0
curiosityz deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

"Besides, I don't want to upset those poor Germans. They are very fragile."... what a sentence said by ferguson.... wonders how wilk the german responds man...
Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1374 / Power: 21
imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of

Ferguson certain United won't fail against Benfica
Tue 05 Dec, 4:32 PM

MANCHESTER (Reuters) - Alex Ferguson does not expect Manchester United to suffer a repeat of last year's Champions League humiliation when they play Benfica on Wednesday.

The Portuguese side beat United in the final group match a year ago to deny the 1999 winners a place in the second stage of the competition for first time since 1994-95.

A win for Fernando Santos' team in the Group F match at Old Trafford on Wednesday would see Benfica eliminate United for the second successive season.

But Ferguson told reporters on Tuesday: "I don't think it will happen. We are playing better for a start. Our form has been excellent this season.

"There is growing sense of maturity and a fantastic team spirit. If the defenders' concentrate and we play to our form, we have a fantastic chance of going through."

Ferguson confessed his team were rocked by their exit last season following a 2-1 defeat in Lisbon.

FELT TERRIBLE

"At the time you can image what the dressing room was like. We felt terrible because we had a fantastic history in European football with qualifying for the latter stages," Ferguson added.

"So there was a question mark of how we got over it and what the next step would be.

"The response was fantastic, they went on a run from that game until the end of the season that was the best in the country. We have continued that this season as well. Some times you are tested and we recovered from that devastating defeat."

Ferguson admitted he was surprised his team had not already qualified for the next stage after winning their opening three games.

Defeats at Copenhagen and Celtic have left them on nine points with Benfica on seven points. Celtic have already qualified.

"It's a surprise we are in this position. I know the history of this club though and we enjoy making it hard," he said.

I did make changes but some times you have to take some risks. I don't think it was too big a risk though because we put international players in."

Ferguson also defended Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo after he was accused of diving by Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate in United's 2-1 win at the Riverside on Saturday.

Ronaldo fell after challenge with keeper Mark Schwarzer to win a penalty when it appeared he had not been touched.

"Gareth Southgate is very naive. He's a young manager. We will have to give him a chance to settle in.

"I have looked at it a million times and without question there is no way a player will give up the chance of an open goal."

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Samster

imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of

Ronaldo sees long-term future at Old Trafford
Tue 05 Dec, 7:42 PM

MANCHESTER, England (AFP) - Cristiano Ronaldo has brushed aside concerns he could leave Manchester United by revealing that he plans to remain at Old Trafford for the long-term future.

Ronaldo has become a target of opposition fans in the Premiership after the Portuguese winger helped end England's World Cup ambitions in controversial circumstances in Germany in the summer.

The 21-year-old was at the centre of a storm after being caught up in the incident which saw England reduced to 10-men after his Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney was sent-off.

Since then speculation has continued about whether Ronaldo, who is regularly jeered by supporters when United play away, will remain in England or move back to mainland Europe because of the abuse that has come his way.

But Ronaldo, whose popularity has not been helped by accusations of diving, has brushed aside those concerns by revealing that he will remain until United tell him he is no longer wanted.

The former Sporting Lisbon player even hinted that he enjoys being cast as the player everyone loves to hate.

"Do I intend to stay for many, many years? Yes, unless the club doesn't want me," said Ronaldo.

"It's true that people criticise me for anything I do. They love that.

"But since the World Cup all I have done is my best. I play my best and try and do the best for my team.

"Am I bothered about what people say? No.

"I try and do what I do best - play football and do my best for the team.

"If I suffer a foul I get up and carry on.

"I don't care whether I'm criticised."

Meanwhile, Gabriel Heinze believes United are coming of age as they continue to make impressive progress in the Premiership.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side will increase their lead over reigning champions Chelsea to nine points should they beat neighbours Manchester City at Old Trafford on Saturday.

And Argentina defender Heinze believes that will give the club a huge lift going into the busy Christmas period.

"We're improving with each game," said the left-back.

"We have a fantastic group and at the moment we're playing some marvellous football.

"Throughout the squad we've got quality players and day by day, match by match we're showing just how good we are.

"The position we currently have in the Premiership backs that up."

Heinze has recently re-established himself back in the side after injury.

And he believes having Patrice Evra and Mikael Silvestre pushing for his position can only be healthy for the club.

"At all the great clubs there's always plenty of healthy competition for places," Heinze added.

"It's good for the individual because it makes them work harder and get better. However, the man who makes the ultimate decision is the manager.

"Every player has got his own level of form and fitness, and after that it comes down to the boss to decide."

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result
Old 06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Samster

Clean Bill Of Health For United
Tue 05 Dec, 3:09 PM

Manchester United are expected to be at full strength for Wednesday's make-or-break Champions League clash with Benfica at Old Trafford.

After successive defeats to FC Copenhagen and Celtic, the Red Devils require at least a draw to advance into the last 16.

And the good news for manager Sir Alex Ferguson was that all his first team stars were training at Carrington on Tuesday morning, offering the Scot the kind of selection dilemma he would have wanted ahead.

Team (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Heinze, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Carrick, O'Shea, Scholes, Giggs, Richardson, Park, Rooney, Saha, Smith, Solskjaer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(my prediction for the team in red)

Old 07-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Samster

Fergie eyes Euro glory

UNITED boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes a British club can win the Champions League this season.

The Red Devils joined Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Celtic in the knockout stages after a 3-1 victory over Benfica at Old Trafford in their final group match.

Every English team topped their pool and Ferguson believes any one of Britain's representatives can go on to be champions of Europe.

Advertisement your story continues below
"It is fantastic for British football," said Ferguson.

"I think one of the British teams can win and I just hope it is us.

"I think the team is confident of their ability now. They know they can win games and can play and there were a lot of moments last night when I think we played some fantastic stuff."

United went into the match needing a draw to progress but things looked grim when Benfica right-back Nelson's hammered in a 25-yard shot in the 27th minute.

Crucially Nemanja Vidic nodded in Ryan Giggs' left-wing free-kick in first-half injury time.

Further headers from Giggs and Louis Saha ensured, with Celtic losing, the Red Devils topped Group F.

That brings its own problems, with some real European heavyweights like Real Madrid and Barcelona among the teams to finish second in their groups and so both potential opponents for United.

But with his side's participation in the knockout phase in doubt until midway through the second half last night, Ferguson was just pleased to be in the next round.

"If you were in the situation we were in you are happy to be there first of all," he admitted.

"When we look at the possible teams we could face then there are some very good opposition there. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Roma all have great history.

Advantage

"I don't know if it is an advantage for the second game to be at Old Trafford. Some people see that as an advantage but I'm not so sure that is always the case.

"But if we had been in second place we could have faced Lyon, who I think are one of the favourites, Milan, Valencia so I don't know which is worse to be honest with you."

Benfica coach Fernando Santos admitted conceding the goal to Vidic cost them dearly

"The goal they scored at the end of the first half caused us a lot of problems," he said.

"We started well and although we had difficulty in possession from defence to attack we were controlling the game.

"Then United had four or five minutes of possession (at the end of the first half) and the goal changed the game.

"In the second half United were too strong for us."

Meanwhile, United winger Cristiano Ronaldo took the opportunity to reaffirm his commitment to the club after another week of controversy.

"I'm very happy at Old Trafford," he insisted "Things are running well.

"We are at the top of table, we are winning games. But in football you never know what is going to happen next"

And he claimed recent allegations of diving made by Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate had only motivated him ahead of the game.

He added: "I'm already used to it. The more they criticise me the better I play. Those critics do not affect me any longer"
Old 12-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Samster

Glazers Ready To Splash The Cash
Mon 11 Dec, 10:09 AM

The Glazers are reportedly ready to let Sir Alex Ferguson splash the cash in the January transfer window in a bid to bring the Premiership title back to Manchester United.

The Red Devils head the table by eight points after the weekend derby win over City, although they've played a game more than second-placed Chelsea.

And Fergie has already added to his squad for the post-Christmas programme with the loan signing of former Celtic and Barcelona star Henrik Larsson.

But according to The Manchester Evening News, that won't be the end of the new arrivals at Old Trafford next month.

Chief executive David Gill says the Reds haven't made any further moves to persuade Bayern Munich to sell England midfielder Owen Hargreaves, and Fergie has yet to pop his shopping list on Gill's desk.

"We haven't really discussed incoming transfers in detail but there is money there," said Gill.

"If we determine that there is somebody who can come in and strengthen the club, then there is certainly money there."

Hargreaves, who consistently expresses his wish to leave Germany and move to Old Trafford, will remain United's top target but the possible capture of Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres is still on the agenda for next summer.

United have also been linked with Dutch hitman Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and the £10m-rated Ajax striker says a move to Old Trafford would be his first choice.

"I know certain English clubs are following me," said the 23-year-old. "I also love United. It's a club that makes me dream."

Old 12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Samster

*Snigger Snigger*

Ferguson Tells Players To Ignore Mourinho
Mon 11 Dec, 6:09 PM

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit back at Jose Mourinho's title taunts by claiming Manchester United will only be in trouble if they spend too much time listening to the Chelsea boss.

Despite failing to beat Arsenal at Stamford Bridge yesterday, a result which left the back-to-back Barclays Premiership title winners eight points adrift of the league leaders, Mourinho claimed Ferguson and his team "would be in trouble" if they thought the championship battle was over.

A veteran of eight Premiership triumphs during his 20 illustrious years at Old Trafford, Ferguson is far too canny to let his focus be deflected by pointed comments coming out of the opposition camp.

And, at the launch of Manchester United's official 850-page Opus, Ferguson provided the perfect response to Mourinho's jibes.

"We will only be in trouble if we listen to Jose too much," said Ferguson, whose side are looking to prevent Mourinho emulating the Scot by becoming only the second manager to preside over three successive English title wins.

"I won't be letting the players fall into the trap of thinking it's won because all we have done is given ourselves a foundation. There are many hurdles to be navigated in the run-in.

"To win the league, you have to have great consistency, particularly around March and April. Historically, we have done okay at that time of the year.

"All championship races are difficult, but the real test comes on the run-in when any mistake can cost you everything.

"That will be the test for us. I am sure it will be ourselves and Chelsea but I am sure we will last the distance."

Meanwhile, Ferguson expressed his sympathy for sacked West Ham boss Alan Pardew.

Ferguson believes the decision is indicative of the pressure managers are under in the modern game.

He said: "Football is unfortunate in that it is a kind of industry where failure is quickly decided upon. I'm sorry to hear it, I don't like anyone losing their job."

Ferguson hopes Pardew's reign will be remembered for the good times, including last season's dramatic FA Cup run, which culminated in a dramatic final against Liverpool in May.

"At least he can be satisfied he did his best, gave West Ham great memories of the FA Cup final and came within a minute of winning it," Ferguson said.

"I'm sad for him - it is not an easy situation for the lad."

Old 12-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Samster

Man Utd must win Champions League: Ferguson
Mon 11 Dec, 7:14 PM

LONDON (AFP) - Sir Alex Ferguson ordered his Manchester United players to win the Champions League, the English Premiership and the FA Cup if they want to be considered as a great side.

He told his charges it was time to prove how good they are by turning their promising start to the season into silverware.

Ferguson said it was no good just showing signs of being a peerless team -- top players back up the swagger with medals round their necks.

"I'll put it this way: I feel far better today waking up and looking at my team than I did two or three years ago when we weren't winning anything," the Scot said.

"Because at the end of the day, you have to win at our club. That's the nuts and bolts of it all.

"The present day team are showing signs of being a really good team. But they've got to win the league, they've got to win the European Cup, they've got to win an FA Cup. They've got to win these things.

"That's the only way you'll be judged as a good team. Coming a good second, that doesn't come into it."

United are eight points clear of champions Chelsea at the top of the Premiership and are in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has had the last laugh on Ferguson in his first two years in English football, winning the championship both times.

The former Porto coach said United would be "in trouble" if they thought this season's title was in the bag.

But Ferguson has had enough of his taunts and "Special One" swagger, and, being no stranger to mind games himself, the Scot was adamant that the Portuguese manager's digs would not be allowed to derail his title charge.

"We'll all be in trouble if we listen to Jose enough," he said.

"The important thing is to keep our heads and not get carried away, don't make any predictions. I won't be letting my players or myself fall into that trap of thinking we've won the league.

"It's not easily won and Chelsea know that better than anyone," said Ferguson, who has guided United to the Premiership title eight times.

"All we've done is given ourselves a foundation. It's the first time we've ever been in this position at the beginning of December. Usually we're lagging behind a little. I think we've given ourselves a good chance."

Ferguson said he was confident that his side would last the distance with Chelsea thanks to a combination of livewire youngsters and battle-hardened veterans.

"All the championship races are tough because you know you can't make mistakes," said the 64-year-old.

"The real test comes in the run-in when you know that mistakes can cost you everything.

"I'm sure it'll be ourselves and Chelsea. I'm sure we'll last the distance. I'm confident of that because we've got a lot of energy in the team, we've youth in the side. We have got a couple of old codgers like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs but we can rest them at the right time.

"When the run-in comes in, experience teaches you that we've been there before."

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, a defector from United, recently claimed that the Blues have the potential to be the world's most powerful club by 2014.

But Ferguson snorted at any notions of Chelsea being an elite name in world football, saying there were European teams with a far more illustrious past.

"There's nothing wrong with people having ambition, I've no problem with that," Ferguson scoffed.

"But there's other great clubs in the world: there's ourselves, Arsenal and Liverpool with history, there's Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the Italian giants, and all these clubs have got a fantastic history.

"So they've got a big mountain to climb to get over that lot. We'll continue doing our talking on the pitch."

Old 14-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Samster

Vida and Rio keep United ahead of Chelsea

OLD Trafford's new defensive double act can keep United's noses in front as the title race hots up over Christmas.

That his the verdict of Reds skipper Gary Neville, the man who plays along side the solid centre-back partnership of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

Chelsea's back-to-back titles were built the solid foundations laid by John Terry and Co, who conceded 22 fewer goals than their United counterparts in their two season of glory.

But this season United's Premiership table-toppers are level-pegging with Jose Mourinho's defenders, having shipped just nine.

That has meant Chelsea, who edged past Newcastle 1-0 last night to close the Reds' lead to five points, have been the chasing team this term. That is thanks largely to the silk and steel partnership of Ferdinand and Vidic.

"Vida has been nothing short of fantastic over the last two or three months," enthused Neville.

"He has been an outstanding performer. But, for me, Rio is still the one single most important member. He offers that calmness and experience and positional sense. Nothing fazes him.

"It is a partnership; they both need each other. They compliment each other. We are blessed.

"The manager said last season he wanted to create a solid foundation at the back. We are seeing more of that. We look like we are enjoying defending."

Whilst Ferdinand is the obvious silk in the pairing, tough guy Vidic is has been showing more and more of his steel.

Hero

The Serbian is becoming an Old Trafford cult hero after coming to terms with life in England following his £7m move from Spartak Moscow last January.

And Neville believes he's developing into a similar figure to one of his legendary former United colleagues.

"He is a good old-fashioned defender. He loves to head the ball. He loves to tackle," added Neville. "He is a little bit like Steve Bruce in the way he plays. He is infectious in the way he makes everybody around him want to defend in the same manner.

Calm

"But not everybody in the back four can be like that. You have to have the calm one alongside him and Rio is very important to our back four. Vida is benefiting from having Rio alongside him.

"He is keeping Wes Brown and Mikael Silvestre out of the team and they are excellent players in their own right, so he must be doing well. And he has also been an asset going forward because he has scored some important goals."
Old 15-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 62 / Power: 20
loppp deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

AS Roma captain Francesco Totti has revealed his hope of securing a dream tie against Manchester United in the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League.

“At this stage of the competition all the teams are equally strong, but if I have to choose, then I’d like to face Manchester United,” said the Giallorossi player.

“I’ve never been able to play at Old Trafford and it’s something I would really like to experience.”
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1