The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 19-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 9
hellothis555 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funboi View Post
Most of the ASEAN countries will open up soon and forget about the virus since for them its burning wild fire and people die is norm 5555. People will go where is cheaper and get more fun surely.
It is better to die having meals on the table than die because of hunger. With no money, more will do crime. Drugs, prostitution, steal, rob.....
Old 20-03-2022, 05:49 AM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
oihast10 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before. I was wondering how does someone look into working and living in thailand? What jobs are in demand and where to look for them? Assuming i am just a local uni grad with no work experience. Live in thailand while earning sg salary hehe want to try the expat life before settling down
Old 20-03-2022, 01:04 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oihast10 View Post
Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before. I was wondering how does someone look into working and living in thailand? What jobs are in demand and where to look for them? Assuming i am just a local uni grad with no work experience. Live in thailand while earning sg salary hehe want to try the expat life before settling down
Ideally, your company in SG, send u to Thailand to work. Earning SGD and spend THB.

It is very difficult for a normal foreigner (no special skill) to find a job in Thailand, esp fresh grad. As a fresh grad, what makes u special that the local dun? Further to go thru the hassle of getting u a work permit and min. salary of about 50k... No good reason for a local company to employ u. Fresh grad earns about 15-25k in Thailand.

Most on the street so called expat in Thailand, they either do their own business or teach. Of cause there are good, skilled expats, send to Thailand as management, etc, earning fat salary.
Old 20-03-2022, 01:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future

Quote:
almost impossible to work in thailand while earning sg salary if you are a fresh grad. Other countries are not as open as sg. Even if you start your own company in thailand, you wont be able to get yourself a work permit there unless you hired at least 10 thai workers (i think thats the ratio).
Nobody would wanna hire a "foreign expert" without any experience and they have min wage levels to pay for hiring foreigners in thailand, including the min income tax rate charged for that foreigner.

The easiest way is for a company in sg to hire you here and post you over to thailand permanently while keeping the payroll here.
If its your father's company, consider it as good as done hehe
Old 20-03-2022, 03:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 61568 / Power: 32
HalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond reputeHalimahYakult has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it's hard to come to thailand at the start of the game and expect to live the life, most people if at all who get posted here are usually sidelined because thailand isnt exactly a magnet for talent.

the top few people i have met here have 1 thing in common though, usually they are in sales regional heads or in the creative industry.

anyway just as well i chanced upon this blog post from The Village Farang so you have a better idea, Thailand is the goal post, not the starting line..:

People of my generation often hold to the conventional wisdom that if you work hard you will be successful in life. To that end you should not come to Thailand when you are young, instead you should slave away in the West making money so you can retire comfortably in your old age.
I have never been in that camp but attempts at explaining my views in conversation often fall short. So, today I am going to write down my thoughts on the subject and explain why I think moving to Thailand at 23 was so important to my being able to live this life.
First let me explore a little of the history, the way I see it, by looking at my own family. My father and his three brothers began their working lives after world war two, where opportunity was abundant and generally all ships were lifted on a rising tide. If you worked hard you received raises and promotions helping to secure a place in the middle class. You could have a family, own a house, a car or two, take vacations, have hobbies and maybe even have a country club membership. Job security was relatively high so carrying debt was not seen as a problem. For that generation hard work paid off, for the most part, and they were happy with their lives.
My generation, in comparison, began their working life after the Vietnam war believing what their parents had told them about education and hard work. It worked out for some while others faltered and found they were not as successful as their parents. Many now find they don't have adequate funds for a comfortable retirement.
Born in 1954 near the end of the Boomer generation, I just missed the war and was too young for the hippy thing. I ended up never feeling a part of any group or movement and questioned the values presented to me by my family and society in general.
While still in school, I remember voicing my desire to save up enough money so I would not need to work. My parents were adamant that my dreams were unattainable. Still they were the ones who started me down this path. According to my mother’s baby book about me, I got my first savings account at age 4 months, opened with 13 dollars contributed by my mother’s bridge club.
So I was exposed to saving very early on and in my teens I was introduce to the idea of owning stocks. In lieu of cash, my father gave me and my brother a few shares of stock at Christmas. I didn’t pay much attention at the time but over the years those share rose in value and split into more shares. At some point I became aware that I gained more pleasure from having some money than I did from spending it.
One of my uncles was a stock broker so I would talk to him and get ideas on investing. When my grandmother died my father passed on his share of her inheritance to me and my brother, so I had a little more stock and money to invest. The more I had the more my interest and enthusiasm grew. Without a doubt the best investment I made was in Apple stock and I have held it longterm, even when people told me I should sell.
Fast-forward to Thailand and me moving here right after graduating from university. By living here I was able to avoid all the debt traps and consumer temptations of the West. Without a family to raise or expensive overhead I was able to let my investments grow while living on whatever meager earnings I got in Thailand. The best part was that it did not feel like I was poor and I certainly wasn’t unhappy as I partied every night for nearly 20 years and life felt like one big adventure.
I did whatever was necessary to get a visa and always seemed to make just enough to live on. I always had lots of free time and was invited to do many interesting things while meeting many interesting people. So I did not work hard or buy into the commonly held beliefs of my generation. I lived an interesting life without spending any money or going into debt. The secret was having some investments which were growing in the background while I lived as though I didn’t have a penny to my name or a care in the world.
That discipline allowed me to stop working at 40 when my last part-time job ended and now as I approach 68 I have more than I did when I stopped working all those years ago. My parents have been gone for roughly eight years and I am not sure they ever really understood me or how, unbeknownst to them, they bear some responsible for the life I have lived.
That traditional world view of my parent’s generation has been further eroded by more recent world events and there seems to be less certainty about what the future holds. I think I am glad I lived when I did.
A family portrait from twenty years ago.
Old 21-03-2022, 10:20 AM
Samster

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 129 / Power: 4
TMNT99 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTMNT99 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
I really hope that you are not the one that got smitten by a sexy Thai and decided that you want to be in Thailand to be with her. I have seem some examples of this but they don't usually end with a happy ending. In my opinion, all women are looking for the same things, only their way of expressing and getting what they want is different. Please do not think that Thai ladies are submissive and obliging or you will be in for a shock, 555. Only time will tell.
Old 21-03-2022, 12:15 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT99 View Post
I really hope that you are not the one that got smitten by a sexy Thai and decided that you want to be in Thailand to be with her. I
Digging own grave...
Old 24-03-2022, 09:39 PM
Samster

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3823 / Power: 9
ZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Time to bring your thai gf come singapore over the weekend or during songkran holiday.
Did you manage to do it recently?

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange my humble points daily
Old 25-03-2022, 02:54 AM
Samster

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 721 / Power: 13
Oshimayuko is a splendid one to beholdOshimayuko is a splendid one to beholdOshimayuko is a splendid one to beholdOshimayuko is a splendid one to beholdOshimayuko is a splendid one to beholdOshimayuko is a splendid one to beholdOshimayuko is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Thailand roadmap.
I booked express PCR for end Apr, non refundable.
Old 25-03-2022, 07:08 PM
Samster

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 835 / Power: 13
ExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to behold

ATK at BKK airport B250. No info given as to by hour or by day for the ATK test for departure back to Singapore in SBF or even google. So I call up MFA in Bangkok to confirm.

There are pre-departure details from Singapore to Thailand which is not mentioned, something along 48 vs 72 hours, departure time vs arrival time, what if flight delay example. No longer an issue now since from Apr, no pre-departure test required by Thailand.

So many many samster go there liao yet did not see any mentioning about uploading of Day 5 result, meaning of yellow vs green symbol etc.
Old 26-03-2022, 07:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2558 / Power: 12
Libero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond reputeLibero has a reputation beyond repute

I can safely say do not waste time or space to download that Morchana app.

Day 5 ATK test result, email it directly to hotel and end of story
Old 26-03-2022, 03:56 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
I can safely say do not waste time or space to download that Morchana app.

Day 5 ATK test result, email it directly to hotel and end of story
As mentioned Morchana is a lousy n useless app. Twice I had problem with Morchana and twice, I did not submit my own ATK. Till now the immigration also no issue with this.
Old 26-03-2022, 05:14 PM
Samster

Quote:
Only thais can think of such way to squeeze money from tourist. but then just don't be that one unlucky guy kana in news for violating their guidelines.

Reading other forums, u will read how many farangs complain about this app.
Old 26-03-2022, 05:35 PM
Samster

Quote:
i think the test data can be upload by hotel side easier than user side. maybe they have some backend website access?
Ya, just email the result/photo to the day 1 hotel. Again, Morchana is a disaster, at least for me.
Old 27-03-2022, 11:57 PM
Samster

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 835 / Power: 13
ExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Again same question for ponder. How many will ART self-test nose or even throat deep before check in for flight to bkk?

Although PCR is more likely to capture mild virus load than ART.
I will self test on Day 1 after I had taken the Day 1 PCR test and also on Day 5. Day 5 is to follow the rule to play safe. The day before going for pre-departure ATK test, I also do a self test to make sure I am negative. Only then I go for the pre-departure test
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1