View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 574 / Power: 20
_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen10
d younger ones tis days support who else but d teams who were winning trophies in recent yrs, messrs chelski n manure.

well im impressed by d passion n deep knowledge of Liverpool football by many of our bros here. juz briefly run thru this thread, n i muz say bros AXL n Xgenere r indeed die hard fans who really knw d club history well.

it'll b nice if we Pool fans could meet up 1 day to watch our fav team in action. any guys here regular patron of d Liverpool Football Fan Club in S'pore? any idea how d ambience n cover charges there like?
bro owen10, thanks for yr compliments. the most knowledgeable person i have come across about the history of liverpool is ironically, an everton fan!!! i have the utmost respect for him. always a pleasure watching or talking about football with him.

but i guess i became a fan in the 70s as the TV was virtually showing only liverpool games on sundays. they were winning virtually everything then, so cannot really blame those new football fans who r supporting chelski or manure now. but what i cant stand are those who jump from 1 team to the other. i know of this guy who was a liverpool fan in the 80s, manure fan in the 90s and recently wears a new adidas chelski jersey and calls it my team. he had the cheek to tell me that he switched teams cos he couldnt stand losing. to me at least, i think he is a biggest loser i would ever meet.

i wish that owen comes through his injury a better player. i think he will benefit a lot from crouch in the england setup. always felt playing rooney is equivalent to playing with 10 men, with his kind of temperament, if any. attitude and temperament is the difference between a good player n a great player.

MIA at UE Square not expensive lah. nice ambience and the crowd there r generally well behaved. been there a few times n i do see supporters of other clubs there as well. should be quite safe , like the time when i was supporting liverpool at devils when they were playing each other. cheers.