View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamcutey
But their play was 'not fantastic' and after watching a few games played by Arsenal under George Graham, another striker attracted me to Arsenal and he is none other than Ian Wright....

However, Ian Wright wasn't only my fav player then in Arsenal, still have Paul Merson. Then the backline of Nigel Winterburn, Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Steve Bould plus David Seaman were rock-solid.... At many a times, Arsenal was labelled the 1-0 team Then on, I switched over to Gunners camp..
At one stage we had Michael Thomas who scored the injury time goal at Anfield to win the League Title in 1989. We had to go to Anfield and not only have to win but must be by 2 goals margin.

Alan Smith(not the one at MU) put us ahead 1-0 and then Michael Thomas scored the crucial gaol in the dying seconds of the match. What drama!!!

We also had David Rodcastle, Graham Rix, Paul Davis, Tony Woodcock and Paul Mariner. All England nationals then. The defense were marshalled by a young Tony Adam.