View Single Post
Old 19-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4208 / Power: 17
ilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond reputeilovepantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the right income to get a SG wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong26 View Post
In most cases , if we men are willing to lower our own expectations to find a local Singaporean partner it is not a impossible . i take a example , our malay brothers compare to our chinese brothers , how often do we see our malay bros go looking for foreign mates ? All my local malays friends , colleages which i know all married to a Singaporean wife not 1 with a foreign wife , compared to the Chinese more than half are with foreign partner mostly malaysian wife . are Singaporean chabor that difficult to court ?
I don't think so la , it's our own problems , we want swee want cheap want tua liap nee , where got such thing ..haiz..
local chinese tend to be:
kiasu kiasi
like to compare/compete/go one-up 人比人气死人
want alot of face/thin-skinned
more judgemental of others
less happy go lucky
uses income/status to gain high ground
like to haolian via job/condo/car/branded stuff

the harsh reality is that for guys who do not have higher education or earn high income, they are less desirable as a spouse/partner. women who are willing to marry down/go through hardships with her partner are few and far between. as a result, some men have to marry foreign brides, where the brides may be seeking a better life elsewhere than their home country.

life is easier with money

that being said, ts can consider two options:

option 1: upgrade yourself. the society we are in looks at paper qualification with respect to job hunting. go for a diploma, equip yourself with new skills, secure a new job which pays higher. aim for median income level in the short-mid term, upgrade to degree if u want to earn higher salary in the long term

option 2: find jobs that pay commission. do note that u have to invest alot of time and effort in the job, some may bear fruit some may not, just have to keep at it.

when u are earning a higher income, set aside 2 portions, one to save, the other to invest. u can enjoy the fruits upon retirement

don't spend beyond your means, spend on what u need not what u want

don't keep up with the joneses, u end up spending on things u don't need, to impress the people u don't like

if u have credit card, use it prudently, because one can get into deep shit because of uncontrolled swiping and the snowballing of debt

Last edited by ilovepantyhose; 19-08-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: amend