View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AXL_
u guys got a good deal with william gallas to cover central defence, if need be he can cover left back as well. not to mention gallas has a good shot too. dont think ashley cole would be missed. mattieu flamini did well last season, although it would do him good to gain some composure this season. and eboue needs to learn to cross or cut back better this season to become a more potent threat this year. there u have it.

by the way, i remember that match too, with michael thomas scoring the injury time goal when liverpool inexplicably defended really high, so late in the game. heartbreak, man. cheers.
Gallas is a good addition to the squad. With the sale of Pascal and the departure of Sol Campbell, and the injury to Sendoros, we can short in the central defense. Gallas would be perfect there as its his natural position. He can also play left back as he did for Chelsea. However, it was Jose who played him in left back that contributed to his departure from them. We do have others like Flamini who is a right midfielder playing well in that position. Another successful convertion by Wenger? We also have Clichy as well as Hoytes. Clichy is out injured and Hoytes is inexperience. It was his tackle in the box that gave away a penalty at Man City that cost us the game.

Eboue is another potential gem unearthed and polished by Wenger. In time to come, he should be a great player. He had only break into the team recently and had been making good progress.

The only thing I dislike about Arsenal, sometimes they tends to overdo the passing in search of the perfect goal when a shot from outside the box is a better option. As a result of this, they lose possessions.

I stayed back late and watched that game in 1989. It was a really a heartbreak for Pool's fans but a real joy for Arsenal's fans. I think that it was one of the most dramatic season for the game with the title decided in the last few seconds of the season.

Liverpool signed Michael Thomas in the early 90's. What an ironic!