View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 574 / Power: 20
_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamcutey
Initially I was a Liverpool fan in the days of Ian Rush and Co....

But their play was 'not fantastic' and after watching a few games played by Arsenal under George Graham, another striker attracted me to Arsenal and he is none other than Ian Wright....

However, Ian Wright wasn't only my fav player then in Arsenal, still have Paul Merson. Then the backline of Nigel Winterburn, Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Steve Bould plus David Seaman were rock-solid.... At many a times, Arsenal was labelled the 1-0 team Then on, I switched over to Gunners camp..

Graham quit, houston came as care-taker, then in came Bruce Rioch as replacement for a year before ARSENAL signed their best Signing ARSENE WENGER (even his name rhymes with Arsenal)

Though Arsene Wenger loves to "whine" and find excuses for his team when losing, at least now in EPL, there is a better whiner from Chelsea, Jose Mourinho....

This year EPL, ABC (Anything But Chelsea) Whether it is Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool, Spurs or West Ham even, cannot let this Samsung team win EPL again......

hehehe
SC
bro siamcutey, lauren was never the speedster type of player but he was very stable and safe. but with eboue, with an additional attacking threat to spread the opposition defence thin for henry to take advantage of, the decision is a no-brainer. lauren has to take a backseat liao.

but i didnt like the arsenal under george graham as it was so boring when he packed the midfield with tacklers and hope for ian wright to do his magic, or relying on deadball situations. but tony adams' marshalling of the off-side trap is impeccable, frustrating but near perfection. have to agree wenger is a whiner, especially with alex ferguson.

hahaha, love the ABC but definitely not spurs lah. they are too soft, too lacking in character. they have a squad with a lot of talent but no leaders strong enough to impose a winning attitude on the team. for the samsung team to just lose the title this season, make them miss the champs league next season, will be enough for the roman abramovich to lose interest and leave. chelski will be left with a whole bunch of pensioners with a crippling wage bill. would love to see jose mourinho go into panic buying mode if they lose the title this season. then, we shall see the fanbase dropping again.