View Single Post
Old 21-04-2021, 11:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1125 / Power: 12
casa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud ofcasa2011 has much to be proud of
Re: Advices on living in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
I think you don't know China well....even the few Chinese I know don't claim to know China well...出了城就等于出了国...ever heard of this saying?

Your posts are as if the Chinese society largely conforms, nothing can be farther from the truth.

If you go to the first tier cities especially Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Shenzhen, earning SGD 4,000 or RMB 20,000 monthly is not much.

Sure, a junior nurse in Shanghai maybe earning RMB 7,000 monthly but she has additional grey income from patients or suppliers or hospital itself.

The last time I visit Beijing 3 years back I felt poor, the bloody 羊杂面 cost RMB 25 and it was just some small shop that locals visited. RMB 25 is nothing to us, but RMB 25 to a young graduate earning RMB 3,000 monthly is a lot.

Your gf have a house and car (earned by working as FL in Singapore), this is the life style she is used to, meaning you have to maintain that standard. She can come here make do with a room and take public transport, back home, she will live it up.

And please don't compare rural China, sure SDG1,500 maybe the norm, but that is in those poorer villagers. Have you stayed there before? Are you willing to stay under those conditions?

I once visited a very rich village in 晋江 (invited by my friend, no she was not a FL). The village export seaweed both domestically and internationally, my friend was the daughter of one of the biggest exporter. He sent her to Singapore to learn English and gain exposure, so they can trade internationally.

During my trip she drove me around in her 7 series, crashed and her father don't even bother to repair (not safe he said), just call the dealer to send down another one the next day.

Are you sure your concepts of China is correct or for that matter your understanding of your gf's lifestyle is correct?
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Her home town,is not the big cities, average income there is around 1.5k-2k. Have to look around to find any suitable jobs for me. Living there now is not ideal, but i dont mind retiring over there in another 10-15 years.

I don't want us to live poorly over there now. But she can’t enter Singapore for about 1-3 years., i may have to consider living there for short term until the ban is lifted. Living conditions there isn't an issue, its family that is keeping me in Singapore.