View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingViet View Post
Question From Bro torres Mok:

I heard vietnamese gals will place their priority first for their family instead of their husbands or bfs, and I also heard they will not fall for a man at first sight?

My answer to Bro Torres Mok question:

Its a widely accepted fact that vietnamese ladies place their family above their husbands. Every consideration is for their family first. But this can be changed thru time. Have lots of patience with your vietnamese wife and show her the correct way and correct thoughts. It may take some years, but eventually, i am sure that she will change and place you and your children first, above her family in vietnam.

I have gone thru the initial phase of marriage. During the 18 months of marriage, my wife placed her family above me and our children. Everything was for the mum, dad, brother, sister etc. Its frustrate me a lot. We argue almost every other day and i even thought of divorcing her. But for the sake of my children, i stayed on. I remember during our first trip back to singapore, my wife saw how singaporeans work so hard to earn a living. She saw how early my dad went to work. She started to realise that her family is really lazy. She didn't know before that foreigners slog so hard to earn a living. After that trip, her thinking started to change. I also explain to her about the different lifestyle and stress that singaporeans faced. Now, a few years later, my wife placed me and my children above her family.

As for falling for man during first sight, i am sure they do. But due to their hard life since young, they tend to fall for richer foreigners. You cannot blame them for placing wealth as top priority, but the reason why they want to marry out of vietnam is in search for a better life. A normal vietnamese village gal doesn't ask for much, just a man that loves her and can provide a simple life for her. You cannot imagine how hard is life in vietnamese province. Most of these provinces don't have drinking water and sanitary. They collect rain water in huge buckets for drinking, bathing etc. No proper roads but mud roads. This is how hard life is in the province. but of course, there are some better province like Can Tho, An giang and Vung Tau.