Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 50 / Power: 8
JohnBarnes deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre View Post
I think this is just talk cock. For a team that got thrashed by Everton 4-0, do they really think they can get a result against Man City? You mean they can draw or defeat Man City even if they tried? I don't think so. Saying they will rather throw the game away is a just face saving measure. Why will a team 3 points away from a CL place not want to win at their home ground? Especially when the other teams fighting for 4th spot are just as inconsistent? Theatre of dreams = dreaming about losing to Man City these days?

Liverpool tries their best. Regardless of how the result influences the league table. I recall in the mid-90s, Newcastle was managed by Kevin Keegan, a liverpool legend. Liverpool beat Newcastle 4-3 on 2 occasions. These 2 defeats helped Man U win the title. Liverpool never kelong even though the Liverpool - Man U rivalry is strong then.

Actually when did the Liverpool - Man U rivalry begin? In the 80s, our main rivals were Arsenal and Everton. Man U was just a mid-table team then. Something like Everton is today. The Liverpool - Man U matches were nothing extraordinary then. It is only when Alex Ferguson became the manager that Liverpool and Man U fans become bigger rivals. Alex Ferguson wanted to overtake our total titles won. Other than that, why should both sets of fans dislike one another? I support my team, you support yours. Life was simpler then.

All these talk about getting your team to throw a match away is just bullshit. Why will a true fan not want their team to win? Does it mean there are Man U fans waking up at 3 am tomorrow to watch Man U hopefully lose?
Well said bro.

In 1995, last round of matches of the season, Blackburn met us at Anfield. We knew very well that if we beat them the title could possibly end up at Old Trafford, but the boys still played their best and won. That is professionalism. We'll do our best on the pitch regardless of what's the outcome of the final score.