Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 297 / Power: 19
koites is one of the Best!koites is one of the Best!koites is one of the Best!
Re: Issue with ICA

Seeing there are lots of brothers with experience and that the other thread for people with foreign wives is kind of dead, may I seek some opinions to my situation.

My gf has lived in Singapore since last May. She left once in July for Taiwan and then Bangkok in Sept for a tour. She's never experienced any problems with the immigration. We went to Hong Kong for a tour in December and on our way back, she was stopped by the immigration. They interviewed her in a room without letting me in.

They asked her why she kept leaving and entering Singapore. So my gf told them that she wasn't working. She merely enjoyed touring the SEA countries and was using Singapore as a base. Furthermore, her boyfriend's a Singaporean and she stays here to accompany him. They let her in.

Fast-forward to March. She left for her home country in March and is still there. She won't be coming back to Singapore until May. That's a good 7 weeks actually.

I will be going to her country in May to do some wedding preparations and she will then come back with me. I'm afraid she will be rejected from entering.

In June, (three weeks after entering Singapore), we will go back to our home country to prepare for our wedding. We'll get married in her home country in mid June. We will come back to Singapore for a day or two, then fly to Europe for our Honeymoon. A week later, we plan to come back and that's when I plan to apply for a LTSVP or PR for her.

As you can see, she was questioned in MArch. And from March till late June when we finally really settle in Singapore, she will be entering and leaving Singapore for another three times. There are many opportunities for her to be deported like TS's case.

Can brothers please advise? Our real wedding is in her home country in June. Should I kind of get a date with ROM (Singapore) somewhere in June and print out the confirmation slip in case the ICA tries to stop her from entering?

Should I get a date with ROM in May instead? This would be more prudent as we could apply for the pass earlier and kind of set in stone the nature of our r/ship. However, this would mean our "real" wedding isn't in June. It becomes May instead.

Sorry for the long reply. I really want to avoid any trouble. By the way, she gets 90day SVP each time she enters Singapore.