Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 62 / Power: 4
cokekane deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: buying resale flat 2021 (rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy24 View Post
if you buy resale, dun expect it to appreciate overtime unless its BTO. In fact, it will depreciate slowly as time goes by. Some people choose to buy condo and flip later but I feel upside is limited now compared to the past after factoring in stamp duty, property tax, and mortgage interest. However, if you know how to do basic investment like buying blue chips or REITS and keep long time, it might be better to buy a resale HDB at a strategic location just to stay and invest the rest.
Nola i don't buy to invest. I buy to stay cus im homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by funboi View Post
Actually i also got one very "risky" idea for TS.

Tell your agent that you wana find a flat that is very likely to kana en-bloc for the next 3-5 years for new development.

So when zenghu ask you to move out hor, got chance they give you a new HDB. Again its a risk!!! Duno you need pay more or will kana compensate or not.
Good plan but too risky for me bro.. im gambling with 4 lives including myself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlnjewel View Post
Even zenghu staff also don't know which block will go under SERS you think property agent is God will know which one will enbloc? So many old block nowadays toa payoh jurong cck amk everywhere. Even my block now less than 60 years liao. All these hdb will be 0 dollars soon without compensation, see geylang landed, all forced to move by SLA, AND NO compensation.

Suggest TS after have Singapore baby liao go apply bto under singaporean and baby name, wife put occupier. Have sg baby can apply bto, your first resale hdb you just thong for 5 years first then go apply to bto after baby born.

Hdb still best bet for most of us.

Besides that TS can actually get sales of balance flat, and ROF reoffer of balance flat. Hdb price, still a good alternative
Also good alternative for me, btw if i do buy with a singapore baby.. i can get how many rooms?