View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2531 / Power: 6
SerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond reputeSerflySGR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Finally Cheated on My Wife... with Our Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerflySGR View Post
I thought back to the excellent testimony that her previous employer gave. What a change in events?

"If I had accompanied you to the Maid Agency that day, you wouldn't have ended up with this maid. What's so good about her, anyway?" Again, Mother had got me speechless; I knew whatever reason I gave, she was sure to have a rebuttal. Apparently, Nurul and her gang had told her some additional stories about Wanda. This time around, instead of coming to Wanda's defense, I coaxed my mother to tell me more.

"Ibu, I need more solid evidence or the Maid Agent will not allow me to return the maid without expecting me to pay," I told Mother, "tell me more. I want to know." I said confidently.
Mother rambled on for a good hour. Thankfully, all this time, Wanda accompanied my wife in the study room. My son came out from time-to-time; no doubt acting as a scout for the two 'sisters'.

So basically, to summarize all the feedback that Mother gathered, Wanda was supposed to marry her childhood sweetheart but her father felt this boy was 'not good enough' for her. Instead, her father married her off to a rich man's invalid son. To spite her father, Wanda allowed her childhood sweetheart to impregnate her so that her rich in-laws would reject her. I recalled that Wanda's mother-in-law had come into the matrimonial room the very next day to check on her chastity but I felt that any rebuttals from my end would result in further drama.

Like many of the bros reading this story, I too, wanted to know more; was there any more to Wanda than what I thought I already knew?

According to my mother, Wanda was made to come to Singapore to work as a maid because she was caught carrying her childhood sweetheart's child. As such, the rich family 'returned' her back to her father and demanded compensation as they lost face. As Wanda's family had no money, she was forced to work in Singapore as a maid.

Apparently, Wanda was caught sleeping with her previous employer so the lady of the house demanded that she be returned back to the maid agency or she would file for divorce and take custody of their son. As the son was the eldest grandson, the husband was pressured by all parties to part ways with Wanda.

Wow! That's real drama for you and you didn't even have to turn on the television set to get any.

"So what would you have me do, Mother?" I asked, "I can't just return Wanda based on the grounds you mentioned, can I?"

"If her former employer could do it, so can you!" Mother replied, exasperated.

Taking a leaf out of Father's book, I replied calmly, "Ibu, I think her former employer could 'do it' because he paid a penalty for it. Erm, could you help me with this? I don't think I have much spare in the bank now."

"It's up you!" my mother threw her arms up, as if to 'surrender', "don't come crying to me when you get into trouble. I am going home now."

I tried to slow-talk her along the way home. By the time she reached her block, she seem somewhat placated. I took the drive back from East Coast Park to ponder on the points that she raised; no doubt some of them were 'answered' by Wanda but there were certainly some plotholes that needed filling. The detective in me was motivated to fill these holes. In the process, I also get the chance to fill up another, more enjoyable hole.

Some of my threads/posts may be a work of fiction
so names, places, incidents, etc. could have been imagined or used in a fictitious manner
Any resemblance to actual persons (living or dead) / events is purely coincidental
Images used are for illustrative purposes only