Thread: Care & Control
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3980 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Care & Control

Just got through a super amicable divorce 2 years ago - I have care and control over my daughter, 12 and my son, 7. My ex-wife basically gave up care and control of the kids but she has joint custody and free access to the children.

Your best bet is not to "stack" factors in your favour but to try and come to a negotiated agreement with your soon-to-be ex-wife. Bear in mind that any divorce that is contested will be a shitload of legal work and a lot of billable hours for both sides, with a very slim chance of winning it since you are after all the guy

When love goes out of the window in a marriage, all the woman wants is money. My ex-wife cheated on me repeatedly and I basically told her that with all the evidence that I have about her record of erratic behaviour over the many years we were together, it would be difficult for her to win care and control battle for the children

If you can outline the circumstances behind your divorce, happy to share some more perspective