Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
raefear deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Care & Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
Since you ask nicely...

In deciding (by the judge) who gets more of the Care & Control, the only factor is the wellbeing of the child.

A very very simplified situation, if your wife is a housewife, and she takes care of your sons while you work...then it will be unlikely for the judge to give you most days (of the week). This is especially true when the children are young and need someone to be with them physically.

On the other hand, if your wife is some high flyer who regularly travels for work (without your children), then it unlikely the judge will give her more access to the children.

The concept is who can provide a better care, you cannot claim that you have more money hence you can provide better care. Then the judge simply tells you to pay more maintenance.
In my case, she isn't a Stay Home Mum. Only stopped working for 1.5 yrs due to retrenchment & thats also when our 2nd one came along.

As for the kids age, 1 lawyer told me that the edge diminishes once the child isn't breastfed & are relatively independent. They are 4 & 6 this year.

Could take it that our income level is similar, but from recent records, she works longer hours and has more business travels(2-3 weekdays).

To me, leaving it to the judge is almost a 50/50 at best. What I am trying to do is to assess & strategise what points stack in my favour and pull the trigger once its 80/20 and above.