View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5241 / Power: 19
joker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond reputejoker88 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Newbies: What you should NOT do to get FL contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
The treadstarter made some good points on requesting for FL's contact. In fact, these are common sense in which everyone should know. But then again, common sense is not so common after all.

I am responding to this tread on the definition of "newbie". How do we define a newbie? By points or by date of joining? Take for instance, I joined this forum in 2006, much earlier than the treadstarter, but the latter has accumulated more points than I do. Am I considered a newbie relative to him and others who joined later but with more points?

These days we get to see many postings from people who joined the fourm in 07 and 08 using the term newbie. It maybe good to define what constitute a newbie.
Bro

Allow me to clarify some doubts. Just my two cents' worth.

I think what you are trying to bring out here is something that has been discussed in SBF before and also considered by Boss Sammy when he put in place this current system of Rep Power and Rep Points.

Perhaps the word "newbie" seems not a very appropriate word to use as interpreted in your case.
The word "newbie" is often associated with "beginner" or "amateur" as opposed to "veteran" or "professional" in real life. What you are referring to in your post may be more towards how "senior" or "junior" a samster is in SBF.

There are two things here, Rep Power and Rep Points. Rep Power shows how "senior" a samster is in SBF and Rep Points shows how much you contribute or share in SBF. Boss Sammy's system gives high Rep Power to senior samsters as long as you have minimum 25 points. Rep Points cannot be used to boost your Rep Power.

A senior samster will get his high Rep Power immediately when he accumulates 25 points and make 10 posts. A junior member with less than one year membership will only get 1 Rep Power even if he accumulates more than 1000 points. Rep Points cannot be exchanged for Rep Power.

Rep Points reflect how much contributions you have made and Rep Power gives you the power to award/deduct points to other bros as a senior samster in SBF. A senior samster can award/deduct many points to/from other bros even he has only 25 points due to his high Rep Power.

A senior samster with low points and high power means he has made little contributions - Senior newbie??? (I am not sure what to call him. Maybe Boss Sammy can give us some of his valuable advice).

A junior samster with high points and low power means he has made many contributions - Junior veteran??? (Also not sure what to call him).

Perhaps we should have "senior newbies" or "junior newbies"?

Good Day everyone. Cheers!

Please PM me if I had missed you out.

Last edited by joker88; 05-07-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes