Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future
Re: Pattaya

Fast forward to Dec 27 last.

Dropped by to Patts with my latest squeeze for overnighter, also on social visit to see her 2 friends. Drove from Bkk, easy drive under 1.15hrs on super highway.

My impression: it was as if time stood still in Patts. Nothing's changed, with many beer bars dotted all over and motorcylists zooming everywhere. And probably same farang bums seeking solace with dark skinned floozies.

Popped by soi 7, to see her #1 friend, working out from a beer bar. Learnt that beer bars are 7-11, with few shifts (she was doing 1000-2000) around the clock. From 1700-1800, beer bars in soi 7/8 are a far cry from likes of main crowded Beach Rd. Perhaps that has got do with someone here posting on unfortunate events in same stretch.

Very quiet with odd few blokes looking bored over their beers. Interesting sight was gals preening themselves and getting ready for their catch later in evening. But frankly, are CMI -out of shape, tanned isaan types which we probably give a miss. Also found out there's a short cut to soi 9 to my Baron's Beach hotel (conveniently next to Central). Interesting signboard "this wasy to Soi 8/7 beer bars street".

Adjourned to Thepprasit night market, to meet her other friend running a cosmetics stall. Open fri-sun from early evening, South Pattaya (enroute from main Suk, and turn right near Lotus). 500 stalls, very neat layout unlike messy markets elsewhere. Worth a looksee, before night's mongering.

Didn't make it to soi6, as pooped out for my own 'quality time' after late dinner. Also, next day I had this long drive up to Khao Yai. She would have been proverbial fish out of water there. And risking revelation on my dark secrets in previous shenanigans