The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://thesbf.shop/index.php)
-   The Legal Geylang (prostitute) Scene (https://thesbf.shop/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone knows when will be the exact time that GL will be open again? (https://thesbf.shop/showthread.php?t=775367)

thundergod22001 01-06-2021 08:46 PM

Re: Anyone knows when will be the exact time that GL will be open again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyboy88 (Post 20664618)
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-virus-says-pm

Did PM lee include closing geylang as new normal?

Lawrence Wong did say will consider re-open KTV, night club and night activies if virus under control.....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ion-stabilises

kelveto 02-06-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignified69 (Post 20663877)
I feel sufficiently reassured by Pinkie and co briefing. Feeling optimistic that my Q4 2021 prophecy may have a faint chance....Even if I extend to Q1 2022 I still happy leh.

The OKTs are nearly going bankrupt as they can`t afford to pay the high rents, some as high as $9k at places Lor 20. In a couple of months, they`d incurred at least $200k. GL is not likely to open until early 2023. Forget about this year and next year. Until major countries such as China, India, UK, etc. fix the COVID strains that have evolved, GL won`t open. Anti-vice won`t open until these countries have resolved all their third and fourth waves.

Peace out.

T3mpur4 03-06-2021 03:08 AM

Lol as much as we would it happen. I doubt the government would go to such length just to reopen Geylang.

unfit 03-06-2021 08:22 AM

Live firing with one meter social distancing:D

issaac72 03-06-2021 06:51 PM

Suddenly "Glory Holes" came to mind.

5931 04-06-2021 09:19 AM

With india virus out of control very hard to get back normal.

unfit 04-06-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5931 (Post 20669895)

Soon all under carpet :D

singleman 04-06-2021 12:29 PM

It has been a year and 1 month since our CB on Apr 2020.. and GL was closed even before the CB. And now hope for GL reopen become diminish as days go by.. or maybe become impossible. how many GL house still survive till now? Or those WL still or can survive their living till now?

With this new variant that can transmit seem via air (airborne), u still dare to go for Cheong. sometime the problem may not just due to infection.. your cheonging visit will be "exposed" to at least ur wife (if u r married) or ur family members..

5931 04-06-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unfit (Post 20669901)
Soon all under carpet :D

Parata bro, parata...

omnia 04-06-2021 04:10 PM

Actually i think it still all depends on the science data outcomes...

Prelimin findings suggest the vaccine has a very good chance of preventing infection failing which it has an excellent chance of preventing serious illness/death if infected...the latter positive outcome seems to apply to even the sinovac vaccine...

Also vaccine research is moving at a rapid pace and hence the next batch of vaccines shall probably be even bettter and so it goes on...same applies to medical therapy treatments for the virus...also in relation to testing of the virus...

Eg...look at say the latest cluster at the MINDS home...91% of residents and all staff had already been fully vaccinated by Mar/Apr...out of the 27 plus(so far) infected 24(i think) were asymptomatic and none are seriously ill...

So what can we take from the abv...the key is to vaccinate the whole population(save those not eligible due to medical reasons, this group needs to be ring fenced for protection) and keep on giving booster jabs as and when necessary as this is a fluid dynamic situation...once that is done and there is in effect a kinda herd immunity, we should be able to get back to normal...

Bottom line we need to manage and control covid like any other disease before and after...no fear it can be done...unfortunately it is taking longer than expected but we are heading in the right direction...one thing though, for those who are eligible to take the vaccine but decline for whatever reasons, this group needs to stay at home until a reasonable practical solution can be found for them or alternatively they change their minds and get vaccinated as this group cannot be allowed to be an unnecessary burden to our healthcare system...

As for GL...i wonder if there are any remaining okts left still in biz considering the huge rental loss over the last 15 months and counting save for houseowners like say Ah Hua?..

That said, the fundamental question still remains, once the dust finally settles and life returns to normal, will the Govt continue with its legalised commercial sex policy?...if so, the okts or new okts shall return like in any biz cycle...i suspect the venue may change though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5931 (Post 20669895)

5931 04-06-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omnia (Post 20670454)
So what can we take from the abv...the key is to vaccinate the whole population(save those not eligible due to medical reasons, this group needs to be ring fenced for protection) and keep on giving booster jabs as and when necessary as this is a fluid dynamic situation...once that is done and there is in effect a kinda herd immunity, we should be able to get back to normal...

Done my second shot of moderna and the side effect really like many say siong. Advice for those going for moderna, standby paracetamol & lots of ice cold water.

unfit 04-06-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5931 (Post 20670478)
Done my second shot of moderna and the side effect really like many say siong. Advice for those going for moderna, standby paracetamol & lots of ice cold water.

But hor didi becum stronger:D

5931 05-06-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unfit (Post 20670997)
But hor didi becum stronger:D

Yet to go for FFI... :D

omnia 05-06-2021 01:23 PM

I too took the Morderna vaccine buddy...wanted the earliest appointment and the Moderna centre closest to my home fit the bill..

For me, both doses also not too good side effects...nothing serious...but still very uncomfortable and unpleasant - mild fever, body aches, fatigue, restlessness, nausea...but i don't mind because now i have a certain sense of peace of mind...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5931 (Post 20670478)

Infection and transmission does not matter so long as it does not lead to serious illness and/or death...akin to say the flu...

Quote:

Originally Posted by funboi (Post 20670547)
All vaccines can likely help prevent death or serious hospitalization. :) But not all vaccine can help prevent infection or transmission. :rolleyes:

Dignified69 06-06-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omnia (Post 20670454)
Actually i think it still all depends on the science data outcomes...

Prelimin findings suggest the vaccine has a very good chance of preventing infection failing which it has an excellent chance of preventing serious illness/death if infected...the latter positive outcome seems to apply to even the sinovac vaccine...

Also vaccine research is moving at a rapid pace and hence the next batch of vaccines shall probably be even bettter and so it goes on...same applies to medical therapy treatments for the virus...also in relation to testing of the virus...

Eg...look at say the latest cluster at the MINDS home...91% of residents and all staff had already been fully vaccinated by Mar/Apr...out of the 27 plus(so far) infected 24(i think) were asymptomatic and none are seriously ill...

Bottom line we need to manage and control covid like any other disease before and after...no fear it can be done...unfortunately it is taking longer than expected but we are heading in the right direction...one thing though, for those who are eligible to take the vaccine but decline for whatever reasons, this group needs to stay at home until a reasonable practical solution can be found for them or alternatively they change their minds and get vaccinated as this group cannot be allowed to be an unnecessary burden to our healthcare system...

As for GL...i wonder if there are any remaining okts left still in biz considering the huge rental loss over the last 15 months and counting save for houseowners like say Ah Hua?..

That said, the fundamental question still remains, once the dust finally settles and life returns to normal, will the Govt continue with its legalised commercial sex policy?...if so, the okts or new okts shall return like in any biz cycle...i suspect the venue may change though...

~!~

Thank you for the rational, logical and sensible post.

It is often darkest before dawn. We might just be at the inflexion point.

There will be some OKT who survive, some who have saved in the boom boom years and some who will want to give it another shot.

The biggest variable is government policy. As long as it doesn't change there is still hope.

For our part, we can help our own cause by getting vaccinated ASAP. With the big majority of the population vaccinated we have a human bullwark against this nasty virus.

Other countries will eventually get vaccinated. Where the leadership is sensible the suffering will be less. Where the quality of leadership is less there will be more suffering.

Got the 2nd jab. Needed 2 Panadol. Not a biggie. Feels good that I have in me the best protection arising out the advancements of human science and progress.

Still need to sanitise and keep the mask on till all of us/majority are vaccinated.

Lastly,

When It was called China Virus
Did the Indian stand up and say this is not correct
Now it is the India virus
It doesn't feel so nice
There is a lesson in this for all
Stand up as humans
For humanity
Alpha, beta, gamma, theta