The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://thesbf.shop/index.php)
-   Sexual Health Issues (https://thesbf.shop/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Genital Herpes (HSV2) - partner tested positive (https://thesbf.shop/showthread.php?t=763339)

macmillan 14-02-2020 10:13 AM

Genital Herpes (HSV2) - partner tested positive

My partner (female) tested positive for HSV2, but negative for HSV1.

We've had sex many times but the last contact was about a week ago.

Should I get tested? Should we stop having sex?

My last test for HSV1 and 2 was negative, but this was before I met present partner

thehonestboi 14-02-2020 10:28 AM

Re: Genital Herpes (HSV2) - partner tested positive

Hmm.... is the genital warts visible on your partner? Genital warts are transmitted via skin to skin contact. If the genitals warts are outside of the vagina... condom will not protect your skin that touches it.

If the genital warts are inside the vagina.

I would suggest to use condoms during sexual activities.
Ask your partner to seek medical treatment which can help to reduce the risk of transmission.
You can take HPV vaccine and take vitamins boost up your immune system.
Genital warts requires the immune system to fight it off because it’s a virus.

thehonestboi 14-02-2020 10:31 AM

With regards to testing. It takes around 2 weeks for the body to generate the antibodies which will then reflect for blood test.

Since you have sex so many times with her..... maybe you just wait for 1 more week since the last unprotected sex you had with her. Maybe your immune system is strong enough such that you don’t get caught by the genital warts

sammyboyfor 14-02-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehonestboi (Post 19763900)
Hmm.... is the genital warts visible on your partner? Genital warts are transmitted via skin to skin contact. If the genitals warts are outside of the vagina... condom will not protect your skin that touches it.

If the genital warts are inside the vagina.

I would suggest to use condoms during sexual activities.
Ask your partner to seek medical treatment which can help to reduce the risk of transmission.
You can take HPV vaccine and take vitamins boost up your immune system.
Genital warts requires the immune system to fight it off because it’s a virus.

Genital warts are caused by HPV not HSV.

sammyboyfor 14-02-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmillan (Post 19763825)
My partner (female) tested positive for HSV2, but negative for HSV1.

We've had sex many times but the last contact was about a week ago.

Should I get tested? Should we stop having sex?

My last test for HSV1 and 2 was negative, but this was before I met present partner

30% to 40% of all sexually active people are infected with HSV2 so if neither of you have ever had any outbreaks it means the virus does not affect either of you so you don't have to worry about it at all.

You can get tested if you want but in my opinion it would be a waste of time. Nothing changes if you test positive and neither does it change if you test negative so just carry on with life and enjoy the sex.

thehonestboi 14-02-2020 11:07 AM

Ohhh, I thought they were the same thing 😅. Thank you for pointing out

Big Sexy 14-02-2020 11:26 AM

that's incorrect.
HSV can be transmitted via skin to skin contact..

Quote:

Originally Posted by funboi (Post 19764032)
If one don't sex with an "infected" person, the percentage of kana is 0%.

Big Sexy 14-02-2020 11:30 AM

read this post
How are HPV and herpes different?
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=178

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehonestboi (Post 19764027)
Ohhh, I thought they were the same thing 😅. Thank you for pointing out

macmillan 14-02-2020 12:55 PM

Hi boss, understand what you are saying, but wouldn't it be better to avoid sexual contact with the HSV2 positive partner (who is likely symptomatic) until I get tested?

Agree that HSV2 is not serious, but it can be an annoyance and increases the chance of catching HIV.

Assuming I do a test in the coming days / weeks, and result is negative for HSV1 and 2, then wouldn't the logical thing to do be to stop sleeping with this partner who is infected with HSV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboyfor (Post 19764023)
30% to 40% of all sexually active people are infected with HSV2 so if neither of you have ever had any outbreaks it means the virus does not affect either of you so you don't have to worry about it at all.

You can get tested if you want but in my opinion it would be a waste of time. Nothing changes if you test positive and neither does it change if you test negative so just carry on with life and enjoy the sex.

sammyboyfor 14-02-2020 01:03 PM

If she's just a fling by all means stop having sex with her, get yourself tested and move on if you test negative so as to reduce the probability of catching the virus.

However if you're in a stable relationship it would be crazy to break up or become celibate or unfaithful just because of a bug that almost half the population are infected with.

HSV increases the chances of catching other STDs only if you have outbreaks which compromise the protection that healthy skin provides. If you have no outbreaks it makes no difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmillan (Post 19764407)
Hi boss, understand what you are saying, but wouldn't it be better to avoid sexual contact with the HSV2 positive partner (who is likely symptomatic) until I get tested?

Agree that HSV2 is not serious, but it can be an annoyance and increases the chance of catching HIV.

Assuming I do a test in the coming days / weeks, and result is negative for HSV1 and 2, then wouldn't the logical thing to do be to stop sleeping with this partner who is infected with HSV?

macmillan 14-02-2020 01:07 PM

Agree with your analysis boss. It's the former situation :)

Anyway, based on what I read online, the occurrence of outbreaks is unpredictable. Just because you have no outbreaks now, doesn't mean you won't have it later. There is no way to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboyfor (Post 19764432)
If she's just a fling by all means stop having sex with her, get yourself tested and move on if you test negative so as to reduce the probability of catching the virus.

However if you're in a stable relationship it would be crazy to break up or become celibate or unfaithful just because of a bug that almost half the population are infected with.

HSV increases the chances of catching other STDs only if you have outbreaks which compromise the protection that skin provides. If you have no outbreaks it makes no difference.

macmillan 14-02-2020 07:44 PM

If someone has never had HSV symptoms, but tests positive for HSV2, is there really a need to inform or discuss with future partners?

Apologies if this question has been asked before

sammyboyfor 15-02-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmillan (Post 19765781)
If someone has never had HSV symptoms, but tests positive for HSV2, is there really a need to inform or discuss with future partners?

Apologies if this question has been asked before

It's a moral issue not a medical one.

In the USA there have been law suits over this very issue which is the reason why sometimes it is better not to know everything.

Herpes is overblown. It is very common and the majority of those who have it never even know they caught it but of course for those who suffer recurrent painful attacks it is a disaster.

There are excellent articles at https://herpes.org.uk/

macmillan 15-02-2020 10:47 AM

Interesting. I know people who have had Epstein Barr Virus before, but it never "reactivated".

By the same logic, it is exactly the same ethical issue whether or not such persons need to disclose to future partners they have had EBV before?

Seems absurd. We apply the same logic to HSV then. In both cases, there is knowledge. In both cases, there are no symptoms.

What's the difference? Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboyfor (Post 19766786)

In the USA there have been law suits over this very issue which is the reason why sometimes it is better not to know everything.

Herpes is overblown. It is very common and the majority of those who have it never even know they caught it but of course for those who suffer recurrent painful attacks it is a disaster.

macmillan 16-02-2020 01:00 PM

Let's say both partner and me are HSV2 positive. But only partner is symptomatic, and I have never been.

Will unprotected sex with partner increase likelihood of me developing symptoms if (let's say) she has active outbreaks, and we have sex during those times?

Medical experts online seem to say that if both have active symptoms AND it's the same type of HSV (e.g. HSV2), then no need for protection. But they don't really address the question of both positive for same type, but only one is symptomatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboyfor (Post 19766786)